Making sushi can be time consuming, so I created a sushi salad! This hearty rice-and-vegetable dish has many of the unique ingredients you find in sushi, including sweet vinegar and the traditional nori seaweed without all the fuss.
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- 4 1/2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen edamame or peas, thawed
- 2 nori sheets, torn or cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients except avocado and sesame seeds and toss gently. Top with avocado and garnish with the sesame seeds.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- This recipe is simple and fun to modify. Try adding red or yellow peppers, celery, or even water chestnuts for different colors and textures. You can also use different varieties of rice to fit your own personal preference.