- 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti noodles (brown rice or whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy or tamari sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½-1 teaspoon sriracha (use more or less to adjust spice levels)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ cup snow peas (optional)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4-6 green onions, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnishing
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan, sauté the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and red pepper in a small amount of water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- To the vegetables, add the green onions, cooked pasta, and sauce and toss to combine. Continue cooking until sauce begins to thicken. Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds.