This recipe is so simple and the secret ingredient here is chia seeds! These little gems are packed full of nutrition and is the reason this jam will never fail. Choose the berries or combine the ones you enjoy and I promise you will never buy expensive jam in the grocery store again.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 5-8 minutes
Yield 2 1/2 cups
- 3 cups frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or 5-6 chopped dates)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- In a medium sized pot, add the berries and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. The fruit will begin to cook down into a sauce.
- Break down the larger chunks of fruit with a potato masher or fork until you get the consistency you prefer. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup and chia seeds. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature and thicken. Serve over toast, plant-based yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, or granola/cereal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.