- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups canned white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- One 8-ounces can green chili peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place half of the cannellini beans in a blender with 1 cup of the vegetable stock and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the celery, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and bell pepper in 1/2 cup of the vegetable stock.
- To the pot of vegetables, add the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable broth, the remaining half of the beans, the creamy bean mixture, and the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and broth is creamy.