- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place the cashews, water, milk, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast , salt pepper, nutmeg, and Dijon into a Vitamix or other high-powered blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. The texture should be smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring , until completely thickened. Serve over pasta or potatoes.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- If you do not have a Vitamix or high speed blender, I highly recommend you soak the cashews overnight and rinse them before blending. This will reduce the possible grittiness of your cashew cream sauce.
- Try blending basil or spinach into the sauce for a beautiful green sauce.