Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Bell Pepper Quiche
- 3 medium sweet bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), halved and deseeded
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (or cooked and shredded potatoes -see suggestions in Tips & Tricks)
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach (if using frozen, thaw and squeeze out extra moisture)
- 10 stalks asparagus, cut into ½ inch slices (optional)
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
🥄 Kitchen Tools
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Small, medium and large mixing bowls
- High-powered blender
- Cloth or paper towel
- Large spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, tahini, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Process until the mixture is creamy, like the consistency of ricotta cheese.
- Transfer the tofu mixture to a large bowl. Fold in the potatoes, spinach, and asparagus (if using), mixing until well incorporated.
- Place the bell pepper halves on the lined baking pan, cut side up. Generously fill each bell pepper half with the tofu filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 15 minutes.
- Place the Hollandaise Sauce ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Drizzle each quiche with 1 to 2 tablespoons hollandaise sauce (see recipe below) and serve!
✏️Tips & Tricks
- If you are not using frozen potatoes, you will need to use cooked potatoes. I recommend you bake or boil 2 medium sized potatoes and allow them to fully cool by refrigerating the potatoes for a few hours. Then shred the cooled potatoes and add it to the recipe. Adding raw potato shreds to the recipe is not recommended.
- I recommend Cascadian Farm Hash Brown. They contain only 100% organic potatoes.