Berry compotes are a warm, fruity, sweet addition to pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, and plant-based yogurts and frozen banana nice-cream. It's so easy, so delicious, and a great way to incorporate some great nutrition from colorful sweet berries.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds (black or white)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place fruit and orange juice into a medium size saucepan and heat over medium-high. When the mixture begins to bubble and soften, reduce heat to medium-low and allow berries to cook for 10-15 minutes, occasionally mashing fruit to combine.
- Turn the heat off and add chia seeds and vanilla. Allow the mixture to thicken for 10-15 minutes. Serve over your favorite pancake, waffle, oats, plant-based yogurt or frozen banana nice cream.