White Bean Chili
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, divided
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups canned white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- One 8-ounce can green chili peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place half of the cannellini beans in a blender with 1 cup of vegetable stock and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the celery, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and bell pepper in 1/2 cup of the vegetable stock.
- To the pot of vegetables, add the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable stock, the remaining half of the beans, the creamy bean mixture, and the rest of the ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 20–30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and broth is creamy.
Rustic Beer Bread
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 45-50 minutes
Yield 1 loaf
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 ounces beer, any variety is fine
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9"x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the beer and maple syrup into the dry mixture and stir until combined. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Place the dough into the prepared bread pan. You will need to spread it out a bit with your hands or spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the pan and allow the loaf to cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes. Slice with a bread knife and serve warm.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- If you prefer to use a non-alcoholic beer, that works well too.