Busy schedules and lack of time are significant barriers to maintaining a WFPB lifestyle. Fortunately, with some extra planning and organization, maintaining this lifestyle can be done relatively simply. Being prepared is important for staying motivated and not going hungry. Check out some of our favorite tips and resources.
- Use an insulated thermos to keep your leftovers warm.
- Pre-wash and chop veggies over the weekend. This allows you to throw together a large Tupperware container of salad in the morning within minutes. Baby food jars or small Mason jars are great ways to bring a single serving of salad dressing.
- Prep Mason jar salads for the week: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/how-to-make-vegan-mason-jar-salads/ http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/06/vegan-salad-in-jar-make-ahead-bliss.html
- Always have homemade hummus on hand for throwing together a quick veggie sandwich.
- Make a simple grain bowl by throwing together in a Pyrex or Tupperware bowl your grain of choice, a handful of beans, chopped raw broccoli and carrots, a sprinkling of spices and/or dressing of choice. (veganrunnereats.com)
Lunch Packing Resources:
5-Minute Plant-Based Brown-Bag Lunch
Describes step by step how to prepare and pack a plant based brown bag lunch.
- 5 Easy and Healthy Vegan Office Lunches
Tips for the Plant-Based Traveler:
- Pack cold soups and salads that will keep well in a thermos or cooler.
- Bring dried soups, precooked quinoa/grains, and dried hummus, which can all be prepared with hot water.
- Baked or roasted sweet/white potatoes keep well wrapped in aluminum foil or packed in a container.
- Edamame, fruit, and pre-cut veggies are great travel snacks.
- Oh She Glows: “How to Pack for a Weekend Away in an Hour”
- Happy Herbivore: “How to Travel on a Plant-Based Diet (What to Pack, Snacks, and More!)
- The Plant-Based Dietitian: “Healthy Travel Tips” (travel-friendly plant-based foods and more)
Other Resources for Plant-Based Time Savers:
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies: “Plant-Based in a Hurry: Time-Saving Tips and Tricks”
- Straight Up Food: “8 Tips for Easier Plant-Based Meals”
- VegKitchen: “The 3-Step Method”
With thirty entrees to choose from, PlantPure meals are the most convenient, healthy and inexpensive delivered foods available on-line! Our meals have no added oils and are priced lower than most fast foods. Order today at: PlantPureNation.com/collections/Foods
The post Plant-Based and Prepared appeared first on PlantPure Nation.